Crane Accident Lawyer
While cranes are among the most crucial pieces of equipment used in construction and other industries, they can also be immensely hazardous. Tragically, hundreds of deadly crane accidents occur in the U.S. yearly, and thousands of crane accidents cause severe injuries, such as:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Multiple broken bones
- Crushing injuries from collapsed cranes or falling objects
- Traumatic head and brain injuries
- Electrical and electrocution injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Internal organ damage
Based on the most recent data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Florida is among the top five states that see the most crane accidents yearly. The Florida crane accident lawyer at Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa represents injured workers whose lives have been negatively affected by crane accidents and knows what it takes to secure the compensation you need and deserve.
How Crane Accidents in Florida Occur
Some of the top causes and contributing factors that cause crane accidents in Florida are:
- Improper crane setup, such as ensuring it’s on a solid, level surface at all times
- Insufficiently trained or inexperienced crane operators
- Not following the manufacturer’s specifications
- Not using the proper type of crane for the specific task
- Encountering electrical lines
- Overloaded cranes and improperly secured cargo
- Dropped loads and crane collapses
- Mechanical failure due to improper crane maintenance or a defective crane
- Inattentive or distracted crane operators
- Drugged or drunk crane operators
- Going over the operational limitations of the crane
Regardless of the circumstances of the crane accident, our crane accident lawyer at Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa can guide you through securing the workers’ comp benefits and other forms of compensation available to you under the law.
How Our Florida Crane Accident Lawyer Can Help
Florida’s workers’ compensation insurance system is intended to compensate injured workers regardless of fault. It should cover all your necessary and reasonable medical expenses and provide wage replacement benefits, among others. The sad reality, however, is that workers often have difficulty securing workers’ comp benefits. The main reason for this is that employers and their insurers attempt to pay injured workers less than they deserve. They will even question the worker’s injuries.
The Florida crane accident lawyers at Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa are aware of all the underhanded tactics insurers use to minimize the benefits of injured workers. They can fight them by crafting a strong claim founded on facts and persuasive evidence from medical records.
Our crane accident lawyer typically wins workers’ comp claims through negotiated settlements but is prepared to take your claim in front of a workers’ comp judge if necessary. If the insurer denies your workers’ comp claim, we will appeal your case because we are committed to securing the best possible results for you.
Reach Out to an Experienced Florida Crane Accident Lawyer Now
Injured in a crane accident in Florida? Let the Florida crane accident lawyer at Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa help you. Call us at 772-878-3880 or reach us online to arrange your free case review today. Our Florida crane accident lawyer will evaluate the facts of your claim and explain all the options available to you.