Building Collapse Lawyer
Building collapses are not that common when compared to other construction site accidents. But when they do occur, they often cause life-changing, potentially fatal, and deadly injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord damage, and crushed, broken, or amputated limbs, among many others.
If you suffered injuries in a building collapse accident at work, you shouldn’t have to deal with all the paperwork and negotiations with insurers about the benefits and compensation you are entitled to. You must focus on recovering from your injuries. Let the Florida building collapse lawyer at Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa take over your case and pursue the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
Why Do Building Collapse Accidents Happen in Florida?
Various factors can lead to building collapse accidents. In most cases, negligence is usually the cause. Common causes of building collapses in Florida are:
- Defective or inferior building materials
- Defective foundations
- Excessive weight
- Errors during construction or demolition work
- Defective design that doesn’t meet the Florida building code
- Ceiling or wall collapse
- Damages due to rust, water, or fire
Florida has strict building codes intended to protect building occupants, workers, and other people. When you get injured at work in a building collapse accident, you have the right to get compensation for your losses. What makes a building collapse accident case challenging is that there are usually multiple parties responsible for the collapse.
Constructing or demolishing a building normally involves multiple companies and contractors who must meet all the federal, state, and city building codes. When a party violates these codes and their actions result in a devastating building collapse accident, they can be held legally accountable for the resulting damages.
What Our Florida Building Collapse Lawyer Can Do For You
Building collapses require extensive and lengthy investigations to ensure that all negligent parties are held liable. The Florida building collapse lawyer at Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa is prepared to:
- Provide legal guidance and advice throughout your case.
- Investigate the accident carefully to uncover and document evidence and determine the liable parties.
- Handle all paperwork and communications with insurers and lawyers.
- Work with other professionals to establish your injuries and related damages.
- Prepare and file your workers’ comp claim and appeal your claim if it’s denied.
- If applicable, pursue more compensation through a third-party claim.
- Negotiate with insurers to ensure you get maximum compensation.
If you were hurt in a building collapse accident while working, you can receive compensation through a workers’ compensation claim without proving negligence. When you pursue a third-party claim, however, you can also recover additional damages that workers’ comp claims do not cover. Either way, our Florida building collapse lawyer will build your case by using solid evidence and expert testimonies to ensure the best possible outcome for your case.
Get Legal Assistance From a Seasoned Florida Building Collapse Lawyer Today
After getting injured in a building collapse, contact the Florida building collapse lawyer at Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa to get started on your case right away. We will pursue every compensation option applicable to your case. Dial 772-878-3880 or contact us online to set up your free case evaluation with our Florida building collapse lawyer.