West Palm Beach Uber Accident Attorney
Uber has made getting around West Palm Beach and Florida easier and afforded many individuals an extra income source. But as Uber becomes more and more popular, an increasing number of its drivers are becoming involved in various crashes as well. Meanwhile, Uber’s insurance carrier does not always provide proper compensation to injured accident victims.
Unfortunately, crashes involving Uber drivers will continue to increase, and the harsh consequences of such accidents can be physically, financially, and emotionally crushing not only for the injured victims but their families as well. If you need advice after getting into an Uber accident, whether as a passenger, another motorist, or a pedestrian, you can turn to the Uber accident attorneys of Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa.
Common Causes of Uber Accidents in West Palm Beach
- Failure to Stop – Some Uber drivers may ignore stop signs or red lights, avoid yielding to others with the right of way, or whip around corners to reduce travel time. This increases the risk of Uber accidents.
- Speeding – Uber drivers must move quickly to serve as many people as possible and increase their earnings.
- Distracted Driving – Uber drivers must constantly look at the Uber app, which can lead to distracted driving accidents.
- Unfamiliar Roadways – Some Uber drivers may not be familiar with the areas they must service and drive erratically or apprehensively.
- Driver Fatigue – All drivers must be awake, alert, and ready to quickly respond to different road conditions. Fatigued, drowsy, or sleepy Uber drivers are a danger to themselves and other road users.
Determining Liability in West Palm Beach Uber Accidents
Like all kinds of car accidents, Uber drivers may be held liable for the damages a victim suffers if they caused the accident. If you were a passenger in an Uber vehicle and another motorist caused the crash, that motorist may be held liable for your damages.
It is also crucial to note that not all Uber drivers are experienced commercial drivers or professional drivers. This means that they are not legally required to have special licensing or training to transport passengers. Likewise, they are independent contractors that operate their own vehicles that may not be covered by proper insurance or Uber’s insurance policy, depending on the circumstances.
These are the reasons why Uber requires drivers to have personal auto insurance plans. But their coverage doesn’t cover crashes that happen while the driver is on the clock for Uber. This is because they’re driving their cars in a commercial capacity. In this case, Uber must cover your losses if the driver was working for Uber when the accident occurred.
Reach Out to Our Seasoned West Palm Beach Uber Accident Attorney Now
The West Palm Beach Uber accident attorneys of Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa work hard to secure fair financial compensation for motorists, passengers, and pedestrians involved in an Uber accident. If you have suffered injuries at the hands of a negligent Uber driver, call us at 866-640-7117 or send us an online message to set up your free case evaluation with our West Palm Beach Uber accident attorney.
Don’t wait - get an experienced attorney on your side to help you with everything that comes next so you can get the compensation you deserve or the advice you need when you need it most.