West Palm Beach Slip and Fall Lawyer
Whether visiting a public place, such as your local grocery store, café, the mall, the park, or private property, like a fancy hotel, resort, or even your friend’s home, all people reasonably expect the space to be safe and secure. So, when property owners neglect their legal duty of care to ensure that no harm will come to people who visit their properties, they are putting people’s lives in danger.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident because of the negligent actions of a property owner, please reach out to Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa right away. To find out if you have a solid slip and fall accident claim, you can discuss the circumstances of your case in a free consultation with our experienced and knowledgeable West Palm Beach slip and fall lawyer.
Where Do Slip and Fall Accidents Happen?
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere. Any place, whether a private or public property, that has a hazard can result in slip and falls. These places typically include:
- Shopping Malls, Grocery Stores, and Restaurants – Among the most common places for slip and falls are malls and grocery stores. These places are packed full of various objects that can spill or drop on the floor. The most common hazards in these locations are spilled beverages and food. Likewise, because these places are usually crowded, you have the perfect formula for a slip and fall to occur.
- Public Sidewalks – Sidewalks get a ton of regular foot traffic, leading to significant wear and tear. If they are not maintained regularly, the broken or cracked surface can easily increase the risk of a slip and fall accident.
- Private Homes – Whether it’s a slippery driveway or floor or stairs that don’t have handrails, slip and falls also commonly occur in private homes.
- Government Buildings – Government buildings, particularly the older and bigger ones, typically have naturally slippery flooring and get heavy foot traffic. It can be harder for people to see recently mopped flooring or spilled drinks in your path.
Do I Have a Slip and Fall Accident Claim?
To determine whether you have a valid slip and fall claim, our West Palm Beach slip and fall lawyer will figure out exactly how you got injured and other factors involved in the accident. In addition, the burden of proof is on us, so we must demonstrate how the property owner is liable for your injuries. To do this, your lawyer will apply the theory of negligence to your case:
- Establish that the landlord or property owner owed you a legal duty of care. If the at-fault party was a lessee or owner of the property, they are responsible for ensuring people’s safety on the premises and taking the necessary precautions to prevent harm to people.
- The at-fault party violated their legal duty. It’s not enough to prove that the at-fault party owed you a legal duty of care. You should likewise prove that they neglected or violated that duty, such that they were aware or should’ve been aware of a slip and fall hazard and failed to resolve the issue.
- The at-fault party’s negligent actions resulted in your injuries. The at-fault party’s violation must have directly caused the accident and your injuries.
- You suffered damages due to the at-fault party’s negligence. You must show that you sustained tangible damages or losses from the slip and fall, including your injuries, medical expenses, and lost income, among others.
How Our West Palm Beach Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Help
Having a lawyer on your side might mean the difference between collecting maximum compensation and receiving a low settlement offer that will not be enough to cover all your losses. This is why reaching out to Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa right after your slip and fall accident is vital. Talking to one of our West Palm Beach slip and fall lawyers can help you figure out the best legal recourse for your case. Likewise, your lawyer will:
- Fully investigate the accident to prove fault.
- Collect evidence to build and support your damages.
- Calculate how much you need to cover all your losses.
- Handle all communications with insurance companies, the property owners, and their lawyers.
- Keep you informed about your case throughout the process.
- Fight for the compensation you’re entitled to in court if needed.
How Much is My Slip and Fall Accident Claim Worth?
Every slip and fall case is different, which means that the value of each claim will differ significantly from one case to another. But without knowing all the unique circumstances of your situation, it will be difficult to assign a monetary value to your claim. Broadly speaking, however, the higher the losses and the more severe the injuries, the higher the value of the slip and fall claim. To get a better estimate of your claim’s value, we need to calculate the damages you’re looking to recover, which can include:
- The medical expenses related to your injuries, including all treatments, medications, doctor visits, surgery, rehabilitative services, and future medical care
- Lost income, including future lost earnings if possible
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Reduced quality of life
Learn What Our West Palm Beach Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Do For You
Slip and fall accident claims can be complicated, especially if the liable party is not willing to cooperate and negotiate fairly. The experienced West Palm Beach slip and fall lawyers of Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa are prepared to fight for you and use all the resources at their disposal to secure the maximum compensation allowed under the law.
You don’t need to struggle with your mounting medical bills, reduced quality of life, and lost income when someone else’s negligence caused your injuries. Our legal team will work hard to make sure that you don’t pay for the problems resulting from other people’s negligent actions. With our experience and knowledge, you can recover compensation that will suffice for the losses you incurred in the slip and fall accident.
Get your life back on track and get started on your claim by reaching out to Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa today. Schedule a free consultation with our West Palm Beach slip and fall lawyer by calling 561-478-2500 or reaching us online.