Port St. Lucie Wrongful Death Lawyer
Nothing in this life could be more heart-wrenching and painful than losing a loved one. But the pain and devastation are even worse when a loved one is killed unexpectedly due to another’s negligence or intentional actions. Apart from the love, companionship, guidance, and support that was provided by a deceased family member, there are many instances wherein the surviving family was financially dependent on the deceased individual.
Although nothing can ever really make up for the loss of a beloved family member, financial compensation might be available for surviving family in cases of wrongful death to help cover the costs of the deceased’s medical treatment (pre-death), funeral bills, and other financial losses resulting from the tragedy.
Filing a lawsuit may not be at the top of your long list of priorities after losing a loved one, but if their life was taken by a negligent or reckless individual or entity, seeking help from a skilled Port St. Lucie wrongful death lawyer as soon as you can is crucial. At Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa, we fight for the rights of surviving family members and to ensure that they will be taken care of, at least financially, after their loved one’s untimely demise.
Wrongful Death Cases Our Lawyers Handle
Our Port St. Lucie wrongful death lawyers routinely provide skilled and compassionate representation to surviving family members who have suffered a loved one’s wrongful death because of the following:
- Motor Vehicle Crashes – Thousands of unsuspecting drivers, pedestrians, passengers, motorcyclists, bicyclists, and innocent bystanders die every year in Florida. Sadly, most of these tragic crashes could have been prevented if the liable party had acted with reasonable care and caution.
- Medical Malpractice – People trust medical and healthcare professionals to provide superior medical care in their time of need. If a careless doctor, nurse, or medical provider breached this duty of care and their actions resulted in your loved one’s death, you have all the right to bring a wrongful death claim against them.
- Slip and Fall – All property owners have a legal duty to ensure the safety of everyone who uses or visits their establishments. You’re entitled to hold liable negligent property owners if a hazard on their property caused or contributed to your loved one’s death.
- Workplace Accidents – In various workplaces, wrongful death can happen due to falls, improper training, fires, explosions, defective equipment, and illness due to hazardous environments. Falling debris and exposure to hazardous chemicals are also common causes of workplace accidents that can cause wrongful death.
- Defective or Dangerous Products – Product manufacturers, designers, retailers, distributors, and suppliers may be held liable if these parties manufacture, design, sell, distribute, or supply dangerous products that cause wrongful death.
We also represent families who have lost their loved ones due to a criminal act. Even if the defendant doesn’t get convicted of the crime, we can ensure that you get compensated for your loved one’s death.
Damages You Can Recover in a Florida Wrongful Death Claim
In a successful claim for wrongful death, the defendant would need to pay the surviving family’s damages or claimed losses to compensate them for their loved one’s death. In Florida, wrongful death damages generally include damages that are awarded to the surviving family members and damages awarded to the deceased’s estate.
Damages that the surviving family can recover include compensation for the following:
- Funeral and medical bills paid by the surviving family.
- The mental suffering and pain that the surviving family is going through.
- The loss of their loved one’s protection and companionship.
- The loss of their loved one’s services and support.
- The loss of parental guidance, instruction, and companionship.
In addition, the deceased’s estate can also recover the following damages:
- Funeral and medical bills that the estate paid for.
- The value of benefits and earnings the deceased individual could have reasonably been expected to save and leave to the estate had they lived.
- The deceased individual’s lost earnings, benefits, and other income starting from their injury date to their death.
How Our Port St. Lucie Wrongful Death Lawyer Can Help
If your loved one was taken from you due to another person or entity’s negligence or intentional conduct, you have the right to hold them liable for your losses. However, wrongful death suits can be very complex, and the laws governing them are not so easily understood. This is where the expertise and experience of the Port St. Lucie wrongful death lawyers of Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa come in.
In most cases, surviving family members don’t have the necessary skills and resources needed to prove the elements of a wrongful death claim. Our lawyers will investigate the circumstances surrounding your loved one’s death and conduct all the legal work so that you and your family can mourn your loved one properly. To prove fault and liability for your loved one’s death, you must first prove that:
- Your loved one’s death was a direct result of the negligent party’s actions.
- The responsible party had a legal duty of care to your loved one, and they violated that duty, which led to your loved one’s death.
- You and your family have suffered substantial damages resulting from the responsible party’s actions.
Our lawyers can prove these wrongful death elements, calculate the damages and compensation you’re entitled to recover, and secure fair compensation on your behalf. You don’t have to face this immensely challenging time on your own. We are here to help.
Seek Legal Guidance From a Skilled Port St. Lucie Wrongful Death Lawyer Today
Regardless of how your loved one met their end, the pain and anguish of knowing that their death could’ve been prevented can be very difficult to deal with. If your loved one died unexpectedly because someone was negligent or careless, the Port St. Lucie wrongful death lawyers of Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa can make certain that you get the compensation and justice you’re seeking.
To set up a free case evaluation with our Port St. Lucie wrongful death lawyer, you can reach us online or call 772-878-3880.