What To Do After A Slip-And-Fall Accident In Florida
Especially in the commotion that surrounds a slip-and-fall accident, it can be hard for a victim to remember every single detail of what happened. Still, there are some important steps you can take to help protect your rights:
- Take photos of the accident scene, including whatever circumstances led to your fall. Also take photo of your injuries, both immediately and over time.
- Gather information, including obtaining the names and contact information for any people who witnessed your fall.
- Report the accident to the owner or the manager of the property as soon as possible.
- Seek medical attention immediately and keep all of your follow-up doctor’s appointments.
- Document what happened while everything is fresh in your mind. Consider keeping a journal after the accident to document how you are feeling and how the injury has affected your life.
- Preserve the scene. Do not clean or wash any shoes or clothing that may contain evidence related to your fall such as residue from a substance that you slipped on.
- Contact a skilled Florida premises liability attorney right away. You deserve a lawyer who has in-depth experience in these types of cases, one who knows how to track down all the evidence and build a solid claim for maximum compensation.
Don’t Wait To Get Legal Help — Call Our Slip-And-Fall Attorneys Today
If you have been injured in a slip-and-fall accident, the clock is already ticking on how much time you have to file a claim. Contact our skilled legal team at Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa today to start pursuing the compensation you need to recover from your injury.
With offices in West Palm Beach and Port St. Lucie, our lawyers frequently travel throughout South Florida to visit with clients in their homes, hospitals or wherever is most convenient.