Slip and Fall Accidents in Grocery Stores
One step is all it takes to severely change or, in some cases, end a person’s life in a slip and fall accident. All property owners are liable for people who get injured on their properties in a slip and fall accident that happened because of the owner’s negligence. Owners and managers of grocery stores have the same legal duty to ensure that the premises are free of hazards that may injure other people.
If you or a loved one was hurt in a grocery store slip and fall accident, whether in a Winn-Dixie, Walmart, Aldi, Publix, Target, or another grocery store, you may be entitled to claim financial compensation for your damages. To make sure that you receive the settlement that you deserve, the Florida slip and fall accident lawyers of Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa are here to serve you.
Common Causes of Grocery Store Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and falls happen when someone loses their footing while walking because they suddenly lose control over their bodies due to a slippery or uneven surface or trips over a hazard. But these hazards are preventable if not for someone else’s negligent actions. A lot of things can cause grocery store slip and fall accidents, with the following being the most common ones:
- Freshly mopped floors without caution signs
- Loose rugs, carpeting, tiles, and other floorings
- Items falling from shelves
- Faulty wiring, outlets, electrical equipment, and associated components
- Defective elevators, escalators, or automatic doors
- Failing to clean up spills or debris from the grocery aisles
- Boxes or inventory blocking the grocery aisles
- Spillage from refrigerators, freezers, cooler cases, etc.
- Broken surfaces outside the grocery, including the walkways, sidewalks, and parking lot
In order to prove that you slipped and fell in a grocery store, you must have sufficient evidence to back up your injury claim. Evidence can include photos and video footage of the dangerous condition, your medical reports, and testimonies from anyone that witnessed the slip and fall accident. Our Florida slip and fall accident lawyer will collect all the evidence that you need to ensure that you have a strong case for compensation.
Compensation for Grocery Store Slip and Fall Accidents
If you’ve sustained any injuries caused by unsafe or dangerous conditions in a grocery store, you can seek monetary compensation for these non-economic and economic damages:
- Current, future, and past medical expenses related to your slip and fall injuries, including those for diagnostic tests, medical treatments, medications, hospitalization, emergency services, assistive devices, rehabilitation, physical therapy, etc.
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Lost earnings
- Lost earning capacity or career
- Modifications to your home or vehicle
- Disability or permanent injury
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Punitive damages
Reach Out to Our Skilled Florida Slip and Fall Lawyers Today
The law firm of Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa has been successfully serving injury victims for more than 35 years, and we know what it takes to ensure that our clients get the compensation they are owed for their damages. Call 561-867-3359 or contact us online to arrange a free case consultation with our Florida slip and fall accident lawyers today.