Unsuspecting Symptoms Of A Brain Injury
Brain injuries can range from a mild concussion to a severe coma. Unfortunately, immediate signs or symptoms of a brain injury may not appear right away.
In some cases, symptoms may not surface for weeks after the accident that caused your injury.
Top Signs Of Brain Injuries You Should Look Out For
The Mayo Clinic warns that signs and symptoms of a traumatic brain injury include:
- Loss of consciousness (even for just a few seconds)
- Dizziness, nausea or vomiting
- Fatigue, drowsiness or sleeping more
- Feeling dazed, confused or disoriented
- Problems with memory or concentration
- Loss of coordination
- Problems sleeping or waking up
- Blurred vision or dilated pupils
- Ringing in the ears or fluid draining from the ears
- Sensitivity to light or sound
- Changes in the ability to smell or fluid coming from the nose
- Bad taste in the mouth
- Slurred speech
- Weakness or numbing in the fingers and toes
- Changes in mood
- Depression or anxiety
- Agitation or combativeness
- Convulsions or seizures
If you or your loved one exhibits any of the above, seeking immediate medical attention is crucial to preventing permanent brain damage.
For those who have suffered from any type of brain injury, legal recourse options could be available.
Free Consults. Hablamos Español.