Greenacres Car Accident Attorney
While car crashes may seem common, a serious accident can wreak havoc on you and your loved ones’ lives. You will need to adjust to being injured indefinitely, stress over your bills because you can’t work, and worry about how you will rebuild your life after a devastating crash. All these can be very overwhelming when an insurer does not want to play fair and give you the settlement you need.
If you or a loved one was hurt in a Greenacres car crash, you might be entitled to pursue a PIP and personal injury claim for the losses and damages you have suffered. For more than 35 years, the skilled Greenacres car accident attorneys at Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa have helped many injured people recover after getting hurt in a collision due to another’s negligence.
No amount of financial compensation can undo the negative effects of a crash, but it can help ease your physical, emotional, and financial burdens.
Our Greenacres Car Accident Attorneys Will Determine The Cause of Your Car Accident
Car accidents happen in various ways, and many of them can cause serious injuries. The most common kinds of accidents our Greenacres car accident attorneys deal with are:
- Distracted driving crashes
- Rear-end accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Side-impact or T-bone crashes
- Hit and run accidents
- Rollover crashes
We will gather all kinds of evidence, such as your medical records, police reports, physical evidence at the crash site, etc., to better understand what happened before the crash, what and who caused it, and how exactly you got injured. We’ll work diligently to identify all the details of the negligent action that led to the crash to hold the at-fault party responsible for your losses, which may include one of the following negligent behaviors:
- Distracted driving
- Reckless and aggressive driving
- Tailgating or following another car too closely
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Not following traffic signs and signals
- Fatigued driving
- Drugged driving
- Drunk driving
- Defective cars or car parts
- Failing to properly and regularly maintain a roadway
- Defective or improperly designed roadways
We Will Pursue Fair Compensation For All The Losses You Incurred in The Car Accident
Our seasoned Greenacres car accident attorneys handle claims in which our clients suffered the following injuries:
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Facial injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding or organ damage
Please keep in mind that following the treatment plan prescribed by your doctor is essential to your physical and financial recovery. Aside from ensuring that you recover properly, it can likewise help your insurance or personal injury claim. If you fail to follow your treatment plan, this can negatively affect your claim because the insurer will certainly try to use your non-compliance against you.
Not completing medical treatments or missing doctor appointments will create gaps in the treatment plan, which the insurer will use as ammunition during settlement negotiations or a trial in court.
In the unfortunate event that a loved one was killed in a fatal car accident, you may also be entitled to recoup compensation for the wrongful death.
Damages You Can Pursue in a Greenacres Car Accident
The damages you may be entitled to receive after getting injured in a car crash normally include non-economic or general damages and economic or special damages.
Understanding Economic Damages
These are damages you can claim for the financial losses you incurred due to the car crash and usually include the following:
- Past and current medical costs, such as emergency transport and services, medications, hospital stays, diagnostic tests, medical treatments, and surgery, among others.
- Future medical expenses, such as assistive medical devices, follow-up treatments, physical therapy, rehabilitation, long-term care, etc.
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Reduced or lost earning capacity
- Lost earnings
- The cost of repairing or replacing damaged property
Successfully recovering economic damages means you’ll be back in the financial position you were in before you got injured in the crash.
Understanding Non-Economic Damages
Unfortunately, you cannot place a financial value on certain car accident injuries and losses. You might experience excruciating emotional anguish and physical pain and significant limitations in how you live your life following the accident. These damages might be more life-changing than the damages that come with receipts and actual dollar amounts. This is why non-economic damages may cost more than economic damages, in some cases. Common non-economic damages are:
- Emotional anguish
- Mental and physical pain and suffering
- Anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other mental health concerns
- Humiliation and embarrassment
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Reduced or lost quality of life
The Value of Your Car Accident Claim
Do not underestimate how much the impact of a serious car accident could have on your finances and quality of life. But figuring out how much compensation you should seek for your damages is not easy. When our Greenacres car accident attorney handles your case, they will take into account all these factors to come up with an accurate estimate of your claim:
- The nature and extent of your injuries. Did you require surgery or extended hospitalization? Will you require physical therapy or rehabilitation to fully recover?
- Are your injuries preventing you from working? How many days, weeks, or months were you unable to work?
- How your injuries will impact your ability to work and earn a living for yourself and your family.
- How your injuries and the accident impacted your daily life. Do you need assistance completing your daily tasks, including eating, moving around, getting dressed, bathing, etc.?
- Whether your injuries left you disfigured, significantly scarred, paralyzed, or disabled.
- How the crash affected your mental and emotional health. Are you struggling with anxiety, depression, mood swings, sleeping problems, PTSD, or other mental health problems?
- The extent of the damage to your car and other property inside your car due to the crash.
The Greenacres car accident attorneys at Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa frequently work with some of the most reputable accident specialists in Florida. We turn to them for guidance and help when determining the value of your claim. With their experience and skills, we can uncover all the details of the accident and work to determine how much money you deserve and need to fully cover your accident-related losses.
Explore Your Legal Options With Our Greenacres Car Accident Attorneys
Florida is a no-fault insurance state. That means that the state’s auto insurance law requires all drivers must have personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. This insurance coverage enables car accident victims to get benefits regardless of who caused the collision.
Our Greenacres car accident attorneys have talked to many injured clients who mistakenly believe that Florida’s no-fault law prevents them from pursuing compensation for car accident damages. But that is a common misconception. If a person has been seriously injured, they could qualify to bring legal action against the negligent driver that caused the crash.
At Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa, our attorneys will inform you of all the legal options available to you following a car accident. These options typically include the following:
- Filing a claim against your insurer to recover PIP benefits
- Filing a claim against the at-fault party’s insurance coverage
- Bringing a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party
We usually try to settle car accident claims out of court but only if the at-fault party is cooperating, negotiating fairly, and offering an appropriate settlement amount. We take great care to determine all our clients’ expenses and damages when investigating the accident, so we know what a fair settlement should be. Absent a fair settlement offer, we don't advise our clients to settle a claim, and we are always willing to go to trial when needed.
In some cases, the at-fault party’s insurer will place the blame on the accident victim, offer a low settlement amount, or deny the claim altogether. If this happens, our Greenacres car accident attorneys will not hesitate to fight for your rights in court to secure the compensation you are legally entitled to. This may involve:
- Collecting evidence, including the police report, witness statements, videos, and photos of the crash site, etc.
- Building a solid case to ensure that you receive the compensation you are owed
- Negotiating with the insurance providers, their lawyers, and claims adjusters
- Presenting your case in court to secure the maximum compensation you are entitled to under the law
Reach Out to Our Seasoned Greenacres Car Accident Attorney Now
Car accidents are among the most common reasons that people file personal injury claims every year. While they are common, they can also be some of the most complicated cases to handle. If you have suffered injuries in a car crash, you can trust the Greenacres car accident attorneys at Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa to put their skills, resources, and knowledge to work for your best interests.
To discuss your case and learn more about the most appropriate options to seek compensation for your damages, set up your free case consultation with our Greenacres car accident attorney today. Please call our office at 561-478-2500 or send us a message online for more details.