Boynton Beach Car Accident Attorney
Millions of people depend on cars and other vehicles to attend to their personal, work-related, or business needs every single day. Unfortunately, car crashes are among the top causes of deaths and severe injuries in the U.S. because some negligent drivers often endanger the safety and health of other road users.
At Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa, our Boynton Beach car accident attorneys have secured millions of dollars in our more than 35 years of experience for clients who have been hurt in car accidents. We know how stressful it is to worry about your medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and your financial and physical recovery. You don’t need to deal with everything on your own. We will guide you through the entire process and protect your legal right to fair compensation.
Why Choose Our Boynton Beach Car Accident Attorneys?
- Our Boynton Beach car accident attorneys have recovered millions of dollars in insurance settlements and court verdicts for clients who have suffered injuries and related losses in car crashes.
- We have the skills, resources, and experience to carefully investigate and litigate all kinds of car accident claims.
- We fully understand how insurers operate and we’ll not settle your case for less than what you really deserve.
- If the insurer doesn’t play fair, we are prepared to present your case in court.
- We work on all car accident claims on a contingency fee basis, which means that you will not pay us a fee unless we successfully recover monetary compensation for you.
Common Boynton Beach Car Accident Causes
Driver error is the top cause of Boynton Beach car crashes. Drivers who fail to pay attention to the roadway, violate traffic rules, or drive while impaired have an increased risk of getting into a collision.
Based on data from the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), 333 people were killed in distracted driving crashes in 2021. Using a handheld cellphone to talk, read messages or emails, or text is prohibited in Florida. But many drivers don’t follow this law. Other types of common driver distractions include personal grooming, speaking to passengers, drinking, and eating, and other cognitive distractions.
Traffic laws in Florida are designed to prevent road traffic crashes. Failing to comply with these laws, not yielding the right of way, speeding, running red lights and stop signs, and passing too closely, among others, all raise the risk of traffic collisions.
Many people get killed or suffer life-changing injuries in drunk driving crashes every year. Drunk drivers are simply not capable of reacting properly to changing traffic situations. The inability to control the car and impaired judgment often cause drunk driving crashes.
Poorly secured construction zones, uneven shoulders, potholes, loose gravel, road debris, defective traffic lights, poorly designed or marked intersections, and shrubs and other obstructions covering road signs can all cause car accidents. In such cases, the local government and other third parties could be held liable for an injured person’s losses for failing to properly maintain and secure roads and prevent crashes.
In some cases, manufacturers make mistakes that result in defective products. Dangerous and defective cars, tires, brakes ignition devices, steering columns, seat belts, airbags, and other components can make drivers lose control of their cars. Defective products can likewise increase the risk of people suffering devastating injuries.
What to Know About No-Fault Auto Insurance Law and Boynton Beach Car Accidents
Florida follows the no-fault auto insurance scheme, meaning that drivers who get into accidents must turn to their personal injury protection or PIP coverage to recoup compensation for their medical expenses and other covered losses, no matter who caused the crash. So, when a car crash happens, a claim or lawsuit against the party that caused the collision is only possible if the injured party’s injuries meet the state’s serious injury threshold.
With this in mind, the car accident losses you can recover would depend on whether:
- You are filing a PIP or no-fault coverage claim with your auto insurance provider, or
- You are filing a claim against the driver that caused the crash because the extent and nature of your injuries mean you can circumvent the state’s no-fault system.
With a PIP claim, you are eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Up to 80% of reasonable medical bills to treat your injuries
- Up to 60% of earnings lost due to the crash and your injuries
- Death benefits of up to $5,000 paid to the deceased individual’s relatives or estate
If you are allowed to step outside the state’s no-fault system and bring a claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party, you can pursue the following damages:
- All the medical expenses stemming from your injuries
- Lost wages, lost earning opportunities, lost or reduced earning capacity, and other economic damages associated with the car accident.
- Damages for your physical and emotional pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and loss of companionship. Take note that you cannot recover these damages in a PIP insurance claim.
We Handle All Kinds of Car Accident Injuries
A broad range of injuries can result from car crashes. At Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa, our Boynton Beach car accident attorneys routinely handle various types of injuries caused by car accidents.
Even if you feel fine or only suffered minor injuries after a crash, you must see your doctor for a checkup as soon as you can to get an official medical diagnosis. Bear in mind that some injuries can take several days or weeks to manifest symptoms, while others may get significantly worse over time. Our attorneys know that insurance providers will do everything possible to avoid paying injured claimants maximum compensation for these injuries. They will argue that the injury was nonexistent, insignificant, or pre-existing.
In some cases, insurance providers will even try to deny coverage for life-changing injuries. When this occurs, our attorneys will coordinate with all your treating physicians, vocational and economic experts, and life-care planning specialists to estimate your current and future treatment costs. Here are common injuries our Boynton Beach car accident attorneys commonly handle:
- Back, neck, knee, and shoulder injuries
- Dental and facial injuries
- Scaring and lacerations
- Broken bones
- Concussions or more severe head and brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- PTSD and other mental health issues related to the accident and injuries
How Do I Know The Value of My Car Accident Claim?
The value of any car accident claim will be based on various factors specific to each case, which normally include the following:
- The specific type of negligence involved in your case
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- Whether you are permanently or temporarily unable to go back to work
- The emotional consequences of your injuries and the crash
- If you share any fault for the accident
- Damaged property that requires repair or replacement
- Whether you will need long-term or permanent medical care for the injuries you suffered
Put simply, the best way to find out how much you can recover for your losses is to have your claim evaluated by our Boynton Beach car accident attorney.
What to Expect When You Work with Our Boynton Beach Car Accident Attorney
Once you hire our Boynton Beach car accident attorney, they will work right away to:
Investigate Your Case
As the party claiming financial compensation, the burden of proof is on you to prove the damages you are seeking. You must establish how exactly the at-fault party caused the crash that led to your injuries. We will collect the necessary evidence to prove your claim and help you understand the liability and negligence laws that apply to your case.
Send a Well-Crafted Demand Letter to The At-Fault Party
After determining the cause of the crash and all the losses you incurred because of it, your attorney will draft a demand letter and send it to the at-fault party’s insurance provider.
Negotiate With The At-Fault Party’s Insurance Provider
The insurer may offer a settlement as your claim progresses. But take note that this offer will not be enough to cover your damages. Leave all the negotiations with your attorney because they will know how to handle insurance claims adjusters and ensure that you receive a fair offer.
Secure The Financial Compensation You Deserve
Our main goal is to make sure you get compensated fairly. Even if a settlement is possible, it’s common to file a lawsuit against the liable party. This lets your attorney utilize the discovery process to gather documents and evidence from the other party. While most claims are settled before reaching the trial stage, we’re more than ready to bring your case to trial if we can’t reach a fair settlement with the insurer.
Get Legal Guidance From Our Skilled Boynton Beach Car Accident Attorneys
Being hurt in a car crash that resulted from someone else’s negligence can be frustrating, traumatizing, and debilitating, all of which our Boynton Beach car accident attorneys understand. Contact Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Sosa online or by calling 561-478-2500 to set up your free case evaluation with our Boynton Beach car accident attorney today.