Slip and Fall Attorneys
SLIP AND FALL LAWYERS
If you or a loved one has been seriously hurt in a slip and fall accident, you may already be feeling the pressure of medical bills and missed time from work. Especially if your fall was the result of a dangerous spill or poorly maintained property, you may be wondering what type of compensation you could pursue to help get your life back on track.
In Florida, the laws related to slip and fall accidents put a heavy burden on injured people to prove negligence on the part of the property owner or manager. However, the skilled slip and fall lawyers at Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Ryles have more than 30 years of experience successfully representing people who have been hurt in these types of accidents.
Our legal team will investigate your case thoroughly to identify exactly what led to your injury and who should be held responsible. Our aggressive attorneys fight for full and fair compensation for our clients, including:
- Payment for past and future medical bills, such as expenses related to doctor’s visits, rehabilitative therapy, medicines, and any assistive mobility devices needed for your injury
- Lost wages, including payment for any effect this injury may have on your future earning potential
- Compensation for pain and suffering related to your slip and fall injury
- Punitive damages, which can be sought in extreme cases as a way to punish the at-fault party
Every day you wait to get started on your case, more evidence disappears. Let our knowledgeable Florida slip and fall attorneys start building a strong claim for you. Contact us now to schedule a free case consultation. If you prefer, we can also discuss your case in Spanish.
PROVING FAULT IN A FLORIDA SLIP AND FALL CASE
For a person who has been seriously hurt in a slip and fall accident, it can seem obvious that someone should be held accountable. However, the difficulty comes in proving your case. In Florida, you will need to prove:
- The property owner or manager had a duty of care to you, meaning you were on the property as a personal guest or business visitor, such as a shopper in a store.
- There was a dangerous condition on the property that should have been fixed or that you should have been warned about.
- The responsible party either knew or should have known of the danger because of the amount of time it had been there (such as a spill left overnight) or the regularity of the occurrence (such as a rug that has continually tripped people).
- A reasonable person would not know to avoid the danger. For example, there were no warning signs or other indications that the area might be dangerous.
- The danger is what caused your injury.
An experienced Florida slip and fall lawyer will thoroughly investigate your accident to gather every bit of evidence that points to liability. It is important to identify all the parties that may be held responsible for your injury, including business owners, property owners, landlords, and property managers.
Florida’s “comparative fault” law also means that insurance companies may try to pin some of the blame on you.
At Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Ryles, our attorneys understand the tactics these insurance companies use to avoid paying full and fair compensation, and we work diligently to combat them at every turn.
Schedule a free consultation today, and let us get started on your case.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT
Especially in the commotion that surrounds a slip and fall accident, it can be hard for a victim to remember every single detail of what happened. Still, there are some important steps you can take to help protect your rights:
- Take photos of the accident scene, including whatever circumstances led to your fall. Also take photo of your injuries, both immediately and over time.
- Get the names and contact information for any people who witnessed your fall.
- Report the accident to the owner or the manager of the property as soon as possible.
- Seek medical attention immediately, and keep all of your follow-up doctor’s appointments.
- As soon as you can, write down what happened, while everything is fresh in your mind. Consider keeping a journal after the accident to document how you are feeling and how the injury has affected your life.
- Do not clean or wash any shoes or clothing that may contain evidence related to your fall, such as residue from a substance that you slipped on.
- Contact a skilled Florida premises liability attorney right away. You deserve a lawyer who has in-depth experience in these types of cases, one who knows how to track down all the evidence and build a solid claim for maximum compensation.
DON’T WAIT TO GET LEGAL HELP – CALL OUR SLIP AND FALL ATTORNEYS
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, the clock is already ticking on how much time you have to file a claim. Contact the skilled legal team at Rosenthal, Levy, Simon & Ryles today to start pursuing the compensation you need to recover from your injury.
With offices in West Palm Beach and Port St. Lucie, our attorneys frequently travel throughout South Florida to visit with clients in their homes, hospitals, or wherever is most convenient. Call or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation about your slip and fall case now.